Do you want to save money on your medical malpractice insurance? Get A Quote
Diederich Healthcare is here for Oklahoma Physicians
We specialize in providing physicians with cost-effective medical malpractice insurance coverage that they need. We can offer more carriers, top of the line service and the most cost-effective rates, no matter what your specialty is.
Superior Customer Service
Are you paying too much for medical malpractice insurance?
Get a quote from Diederich and start saving today!
We will assist you in obtaining the cost-effective coverage you need. Get A Quote Now
Oklahoma Medical Malpractice Insurance information
Most physicians work long and irregular hours. It has been reported that 43% of all physicians work in excess of 50 hours per week. With all of this time devoted to patient care and practice development, physicians benefit greatly from relying on the expertise of an Insurance Agent specialized in the area of Medical Malpractice Insurance.
It is difficult for physicians to remain knowledgeable about the ever-changing landscape of Malpractice Insurance coverage, law, and carrier options. Diederich Healthcare specializes in Medical Malpractice Insurance and we understand the need for a trusted “partner” who can assist physicians in selecting the right Medical Malpractice Insurance protection for their practice.
Diederich Healthcare’s network of over 200 contracted insurance affiliates assures our physician clients greater portability, market accessibility, and effective consultation. We provide consultation on coverage options from the major carriers offering Professional Liability Insurance to physicians throughout the United States. We will provide malpractice insurance quotes from several carriers and make recommendations on coverage that best fits the physician’s particular needs at the most cost effective premium.
Diederich Healthcare reviews each account and policy prior to each policy renewal, and more frequently based on market/situational changes, to determine options for renewal coverage. These options are then presented to the physician with our recommendation prior to renewal in order to avert last-minute decision making.
Medical Malpractice Coverage also available for:
- Medical Groups
- Medi-Spa Facilities and Procedures
- Weight Loss Procedures
- Ancillary Healthcare Professionals
- Physician Assistants
- Nurse Practitioners
- Surgical Assistants
Oklahoma Medical Malpractice Insurance Market Summary
Oklahoma is one of the 30 states with health care tort reform currently in place. Of the many factors that go into Oklahoma’s medical liability reform, perhaps the biggest is the limit of $350,000 on the amount of “non-economic” damages one may recover. Other changes relate to the taxability of awards and the “joint and several liability” rules.
Oklahoma Medical Malpractice Claims
Generally, the statute of limitations for filing medical malpractice lawsuits in Oklahoma is 2 years from the date upon which the claimant knew or should have known of the alleged injury; except that those under the age of 12 must bring legal action with seven years of the date of injury.
- Punitive damages are limited to $100,000 in cases of reckless disregard of the rights of others; or the greater of $500,000, twice the compensatory damages, or the “benefit derived by defendant from his conduct” for malicious and intentional acts. The damage limits do not apply in cases where the judge finds that the intentional and malicious act threatened human life.
- Non-economic damages are limited to $350,000.
- There are no limitations on the amount of non-economic damages against a physician in a civil action arising from professional negligence if the judge and jury finds…
- The claimant suffered permanent and substantial physical abnormality or disfigurement, loss of use of a limb, or loss of, or substantial impairment to, a major body organ or system.
- The claimant suffered permanent physical injury preventing them from being able to independently care for themselves and perform life sustaining activities.
- The defendant’s acts were in reckless disregard for the rights of others, grossly negligent, fraudulent, or intentional or with malice.
Diederich Healthcare is able to offer medical malpractice insurance to the following counties in Oklahoma:
Adair, Alfalfa, Atoka, Beaver, Beckham, Blaine, Bryan, Caddo, Canadian, Carter, Cherokee, Choctaw, Cimarron, Cleveland, Coal, Comanche, Cotton, Craig, Creek, Custer, Delaware, Dewey, Ellis, Garfield, Garvin, Grady, Grant, Greer, Harmon, Harper, Haskell, Hughes, Jackson, Jefferson, Johnston, Kay, Kingfisher, Kiowa, Latimer, Leflore, Lincoln, Logan, Love, Major, Marshall, Mayes, McClain, McCurtain, McIntosh, Murray, Muskogee, Noble, Nowata, Okfuskee, Oklahoma, Okmulgee, Osage, Ottawa, Pawnee, Payne, Pittsburg, Pontotoc, Pottawatomie, Pushmataha, Roger Mills, Rogers, Seminole, Sequoyah, Stephens, Texas, Tillman, Tulsa, Wagoner, Washington, Washita, Woods, Woodward
All Specialties save on Medical Malpractice Insurance with Diederich Healthcare
- On average, Physician clients that switch to Diederich Healthcare save 46% on their medical malpractice insurance.
- We compare the major companies for your specialty in order to recommend the best coverage at the lowest premium for your practice.
- Our access to multiple carriers in each state allows us to offer many practice discount programs…
- New Doctor Discount
- Part-Time Discount
- Board Certification Discount (ABFM)
- Claims Free Credit
- Risk Management Credit
- No need to purchase Tail Coverage when changing to Diederich Healthcare with Prior Acts Coverage Included.
Med Mal Insurance Coverage in Oklahoma
- AM Best “A-Rated” Coverage at Affordable Rates
- Coverage options for all Medical Specialties, Groups and Healthcare Facilities
- Compare Premiums and Choose Malpractice Coverage that best suits your needs
- Maximum Discounts available to physicians in Oklahoma
- Guidance regarding Risk Management at your practice
- Access to “Specialty Lines” of Insurance for your Unique Practice needs
- Easily Transfer Your Malpractice Insurance at any time
Providing cost-effective Medical Professional Liability Insurance to Healthcare Providers located in Oklahoma…
Get your FREE QUOTES now…compare multiple companies providing Malpractice Insurance to physicians in Oklahoma. (including AM Best A-Rated carriers)
Covering all Physician Specialties, including Groups and Facilities in Oklahoma, and all Types of Procedures…
Your “one-stop-shop” to obtaining affordable coverage to meet your needs. Representing a large number of quality insurance companies; giving you the confidence of having an advocate in your corner who has already “shopped” the marketplace for the best Malpractice Insurance Value available in Oklahoma.
Accessing all Discounts available to each Physician’s Medical Practice…
Multiple Physician/Group Discounts, Medical Board Certification Discounts, Claims Free Discounts, Practice Longevity Discounts, Risk Management Discounts, Part-Time and New Practitioner Discounts.
Guiding Medical Practitioners toward improved Risk Management…
Ask about FREE access to Risk Management assessments and training for your practice. Offering access to Insurance for physicians and Risks/Procedures that are more difficult to cover…
Obtain coverage options for High Risk physicians and/or Procedures and Specialty Practices such as:
- Medi-Spas (including Botox/Fillers)
- Weight Loss/Weight Management (including HCG and Bariatric Surgery)
- Others available upon request