Diederich’s Guiding Principles
Diederich is dedicated to providing the best feasible insurance program available for each and every client we serve. We are committed to our customers, our team of staff members, and the companies we represent. We honor these commitments through our values.
Uphold strong ethical principles by exemplifying assured competence, positive attitude, and sound experience.
Serve our customers, staff members and the companies we represent to the best of our abilities and to do so utilizing our professional resources as a catalyst to stimulate growth and understanding throughout the marketplace.
Build strong foundations with our people and our organizations through communication and community partnerships.
We’re doing our best to make a minimal mark on our planet.
Over the last 9 years, Diederich Healthcare has undergone a massive effort to relieve all corporate offices of as much paper waste as possible. Our filing cabinets, folios and stacks of paper records have been securely replaced by state-of-the-art servers that allow for all of necessary business information to be retrieved digitally. Our efforts were rewarded in several unintended, yet highly measurable ways.
While our initial intent, as it remains, was to reduce our paper usage and environmental impact, we have found that eliminating paper has allowed for client information to be much more easily accessed by all necessary facets of our business. This has allowed us to streamline our Client-service methods in a precise manner. Additionally, and perhaps more importantly, this saves our Physician-Clients valuable time as records and important information are literally a click away.
We remain steadfast in our approach to reduce our environmental impact on the planet. As we have found, doing one good thing, while important in and of itself and by itself, can often lead to unexpected rewards in other ways.
HIPAA PolicyDiederich, Inc. and its subsidiaries, hereafter referred to as “Agency” and parties utilizing this service hereafter referred to as “user” do hereby agree as follows,
WHEREAS, the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (“HHS”) has issued final regulations, pursuant to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (“HIPAA”), governing the privacy of individually identifiable health information obtained, created or maintained by certain entities, including healthcare providers (the “HIPAA Privacy Rule”); and
WHEREAS, the HIPAA Privacy Rule requires that the User enter into the Agreement with Agency in order to protect the privacy of individually identifiable health information maintained by the User (“Protected Health Information”, or “PHI”, as identified in the HIPAA Privacy Rule); and
WHEREAS, Agency and its employees, affiliates, agents or representatives may access paper and/or electronic records containing PHI in carrying out their obligations to the User pursuant to either an existing, perspective, or contemporaneously executed agreement for services (“Services Agreement”), and
WHEREAS, the Parties desire to enter into this Agreement to protect PHI, and to amend any agreements contained herein the parties agree as follows:
- The Agency agrees to receive information from the User by virtue of this electronic collection process, facsimile, mail service and other means User and Agency may elect to transfer necessary information include telephonic means.
- Agency and User agree to utilize due diligence to protect the PHI.
- Agency and User agree that Agency may transmit by any and all means the PHI information as deemed appropriate by Agency to its intermediaries, carriers, and other insurance related parties necessary to facilitate the services of the Agency to User. This includes requested and prospective services of Agency.
- Use and Disclosure of PHI to Provide Services. The Agency will not use or further disclose PHI (as such term is defined in the HIPAA Privacy Rule) other than to make use of PHI necessary to perform services to User either perspective or by agreement. All other uses not authorized by this agreement are prohibited.
- Contemporaneous Service Agreements. In the event that User and Agency are not parties to a Services Agreement existing prior to this date, but instead enter into a services agreement, at the same time as executing this agreement, such agreement shall be attached as exhibit A, and incorporated here by reference. In the event of conflict between the terms of the service agreement, and this agreement, the terms and conditions of this agreement shall govern.
- Agency may utilize the PHI in its possession for its proper management and administration and/or to fulfill any present or future legal responsibilities of the Agency.
- Agency agrees to disclose the minimum necessary PHI in performing the activities called for in providing perspective or requested services.
- Either party to this agreement may terminate this agreement by legal notification granting 30 days notice. Notices to Agency are to be made in writing, certified, return receipt requested, to Diederich, Inc., Steven R. Green, J.D., General Counsel, 506 W. Main Street, Carbondale, Illinois 62901.
- All parties certify agreement to be bound this agreement by virtue of acceptance to proceed through this electronic media. No signatures are required as disclosure and continuance to restricted with certification of review of this agreement.
Diederich Healthcare is a Participant in the TRUSTe Privacy Seal Program. TRUSTe is an independent organization whose mission is to advance privacy and trust in the networked world. This Web site has agreed to have its privacy practices monitored for compliance by TRUSTe.
If you have questions or concerns regarding this policy, you should first contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org . If you do not receive acknowledgment of your inquiry, or if your inquiry has not been satisfactorily addressed, you should then contact TRUSTe. TRUSTe will then serve as a liaison with the Web site to resolve your concerns.
Collection and Use of Personal Information
We collect the following personal information from you
- Contact Information such as name, email address, mailing address, phone number
We also collect the following information from you
- Information about your business such as company name, company size, business type
As is true of most Web sites, we automatically gather information about your computer such as your IP address, browser type, referring/exit pages, and operating system.
We use this information to
- Send you requested product or service information
- Respond to customer service requests
- Administer your account
- Send you a newsletter
- Send you marketing communications
- Respond to your questions and concerns
- Improve our Web site and marketing efforts
You may choose to stop receiving our newsletter or marketing emails by following the unsubscribe instructions included in these emails or you can contact us at email@example.com .
We do not sell your personal information to third parties.
We may provide your personal information to companies that provide services to help us with our business activities such as shipping your order or offering customer service. These companies are authorized to use your personal information only as necessary to provide these services to us.
We may also disclose your personal information
- as required by law such as to comply with a subpoena, or similar legal process
- when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request,
- if Diederich Healthcare is involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, you will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our Web site of any change in ownership or uses of your personal information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your personal information,
- to any other third party with your prior consent to do so.
Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies
- We use a third party to gather information about how you and others use our Web site. For example, we will know how many users access a specific page and which links they clicked on. We use this aggregated information to understand and optimize how our site is used.
- Our Site includes links to other Web sites whose privacy practices may differ from those of Diederich Healthcare. If you submit personal information to any of those sites, your information is governed by their privacy statements. We encourage you to carefully read the privacy statement of any Web site you visit.
The security of your personal information is important to us. We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
If you have any questions about security on our Web site, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Additional Policy Information
Our Web site offers publicly accessible blogs or community forums. You should be aware that any information you provide in these areas may be read, collected, and used by others who access them.
Correcting and Updating Your Personal Information
To review and update your personal information to ensure it is accurate, contact us at email@example.com .
Notification of Privacy Statement Changes
We may update this privacy statement to reflect changes to our information practices. If we make any material changes we will notify you by email (sent to the e-mail address specified in your account) or by means of a notice on this Site prior to the change becoming effective. We encourage you to periodically review this page for the latest information on our privacy practices.
You can contact us about this privacy statement by writing or email us at the address below:
506 W. Main
Carbondale, IL, United States 62901