- An experienced malpractice agent has access to multiple carriers – giving you multiple options and can save you a lot of money. A good, experienced malpractice insurance agent will provide you with all of your available options at renewal every year along with his/her recommendations.
- An experienced malpractice agent works on your behalf with the insurance carriers—to insure that your best interests are being served. An experienced malpractice agent strives to have the best possible relationship with each of his/her carriers—BUT the agent works for YOU—the physician—not the carriers.
- An experienced malpractice agent knows the various carriers’ policy forms and their differences—some of which may be very important to your unique situation. Practices often have unique exposures and provide a great variety of services. Some carriers are better suited than others at protecting those unique exposures.
- An experienced malpractice agent keeps on top of trends and developments in the malpractice insurance industry that can affect your practice directly. Most malpractice agents specialize in ONLY professional liability insurance so they are not a “jack-of-all-trades” but rather an expert at their craft.
- An experienced malpractice agent working for you will free your time to do what you do best—practice medicine! Take advantage of the experience and expertise a good malpractice agent can offer you.
To contact the author, call 800-457-7790 and ask for Mike Taskila.